5 Reasons to Go Paperless with Your Wedding Invitations
The beautiful and elegant wedding invitation enclosed in a matching envelope may be a tradition, but it’s also one that has lost favor with more than a few brides. In this digital age, we’ve gone paperless with everything from utility bills to appointment scheduling, so why not apply the same cost-saving and paper waste-reducing principles to wedding invitations? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider a digital invitation for your wedding:
- It’s more environmentally-friendly. Wedding invitations use resources far beyond just the paper they’re made of. In addition to the loss of trees to make the paper, there’s the energy that’s used by the machinery to make them, the trucks that transport them to the store, and the mail trucks that then deliver them to your recipients; when you think about it, the carbon footprint of traditional wedding invites is pretty darn big. With paperless invitations, you eliminate virtually all of this, giving you a greener solution that you can feel good about.
- It’ll help with the budget. Paperless wedding invitations are also far less expensive than their paper-based counterparts. You can use design software or online invitation and wedding planning sites to create your invitations for little to no cost at all. After that, simply email them to your guests and that’s that!
- Keeping track of RSVPs is super easy. With online invitation sites, it’s so easy to keep track of everything. You have a digital record of who you sent the invites to and who has RSVP’d and who hasn’t. You can sort and organize however you like, and reminding the folks who haven’t RSVP’d can be done with a few clicks of your mouse.
- The design options are practically endless. You can really let your personality shine through with online wedding invitations. There’s virtually no limit to the final look of your invites, and most sites offer a huge variety of templates that can be customized into your own unique design.
- It’s far less stressful. All of these add up to one very important thing – less stress. Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and work, and eliminating stress wherever you can will help you preserve your sanity. Paperless invites are about as un-stressful as a day at the spa, don’t pass up this opportunity to reduce your anxiety, save money, and free up valuable time.