15 Ideas For Your Travel Theme Wedding
If you and your spouse-to-be love to travel, you should absolutely incorporate that into your wedding planning. There are so many wonderful ideas for theme weddings now, and this has to be one of our very favorite themes, because there is so much you can do with it. Just consider this small list of possibilities.
- Display a Map Set the tone from the moment that people enter. Instead of a standard welcome sign, frame a world map to serve as the background.
- Include Drinkware from Different Regions Rather than having all of your glassware match for the evening, consider incorporating souvenir glasses or region-specific vessels to serve beverages.
- Collect Gift Cards in Repurposed Mailbox Just like others would await the postcards from you in the mailbox, you can look forward to “checking the mail” that is collected in the mailbox.
- Give Compasses as Favors This is a great idea, as you can find compasses at very reasonable prices and even have some of them engraved with the date of your wedding.
- Use a Globe as Your Guestbook Rather than having guests sign a book, ask them to sign a globe, which you can then display in your home.
- Style Your Wedding Cake to Look Like Suitcases
- Don’t Number the Tables, Label Them Instead of numbering the tables, name them after some of your favorite vacation destinations.
- Replace Table Clothes with Travel Themed Fabric Skip the classic white table clothes, and hit up the fabric store. Find several wide fabrics with travel themed patterns and use that to cover the tables. If you want finished edges, you can likely find someone willing to do the hemming at a very small price.
- Use Luggage Tags for Table Assignment Cards Luggage tags are the perfect way to direct people to their tables, especially when they are not numbered, but given destination names.
- Feature Imported Beers and Wines at Your Bar Don’t just feature them; display a bottle of each on the bar with an informational tag about the beverage and the region of origination.
- Style The Invitations like Postcards
- Dress Your Bridesmaids as Flight Attendants
- Ask for Travel Tips instead of Marriage Advice Many brides ask guests to fill out advice cards, but instead of asking for marriage tips, ask them to make a recommendation for travel destination or some other travel-related advice for you and your groom.
- Buy Tacky Souvenirs from Various Places to Serve as Centerpieces
- Create Your Menu By Choosing Various Ethnic Foods From Around the World